Since my last post a month ago, I finished “Fantasia”, “Ease”, “Storms”, and “Destiny”–all for The Doll Collection. I just started “Marioncide” this morning and am guessing it will be done in the next two weeks. I will have four more after that. I keep getting more ideas for additional stories–totally not a problem!–so there may be even more than the planned dozen at this point. I’m not sure when I’ll make it to the Philly Doll Museum, but am booked to attend AtomataCon next month, and the Harrisburg Doll Museum in early June. There is, of course, always potential for more inspiration for this project.
The semester is a week away from finishing and as far as that work goes, I just have 2 finals to do. This means time is opening up to write, and with the weather finally getting better, I expect that things may really start booming. Not that I’m in a hurry to get through The Doll Collection pieces, but I am a bit anxious to get back to Darling Orphan and finish it–it’s well overdue to be done and I need for it to be done.
I’d also like to get back to the As Fate vignettes, as the illustrations are slowly trickling in. They have been a challenge to write as all inspiration depends on my ability to attend the right sort of social functions. There haven’t been nearly enough of those for it, but that is also slowly on the climb, so more to come soon and with any luck.
There’s the bit of an update. I have about an hour to get something done on “Marioncide” before I head out to one of said social events.